Saturday, August 1, 2009

RADAR LOVE


Radar Love
by Golden Earring

It's a song from a Dutch rock band, it's my ultimate travel song, my ultimate driving song and was once the wake up call for the crew members aboard the Space Shuttle Atlantic.

I've been drivin' all night, my hand's wet on the wheel 
There's a voice in my head that drives my heel 
It's my baby callin', says I need you here 
And it's half past four and I'm shifting gear  
When she's lonely and the longing gets too much 
She sends a cable comin' in from above 
We don't need no phone at all 
We've got a thing that's called radar love 
We've got a wave in the air, radar love  
The radio's playing some forgotten song Brenda Lee's "Coming on Strong" 
The road's got me hypnotized 
And I'm speeding into a new sunrise  
When I get lonely, and I'm sure I've had enough 
She sends her comfort, comin' in from above
 Don't need no radio at all 
We've got a thing that's called radar love 
We’ve got a line in the sky, radar love  
No more speed, I'm almost there 
Gotta keep cool now, gotta take care 
Last car to pass, here I go 
And the line of cars drove down real slow 
And the radio played that forgotten song Brenda Lee's "Coming on Strong" 
And the newsman sang his same song 
One more radar lover's gone  
When I'm feeling lonely and I'm sure I've had enough 
She sends the comfort coming in from above 
Don't need no radio at all 
We got a thing that's called radar love 
We got a line in the sky 
We got a thing that's called radar love 
We got a thing that's called radar love

No comments:

Post a Comment